Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Solo mommy day

I survived my first day with two "babies" all on my own today. I say babies but I know that Scott really isn't a baby anymore and more importantly I should say the boys survived. I think the anticipation of your first day on your own is actually worse than the day itself. We got up a the normal time in decent moods (Scott is NOT a morning person....putting it mildly....hmmm where could he possibly get that? It's not me...) and had breakfast and even cleaned up from breakfast (bonus mommy points!!!). For some reason I chose today to be the day I would go into work to check on an infant patient I have with reflux and his mommy...ambitious I know. So right after breakfast (8am ish) I thought it prudent to start getting us out the door (had to leave by 10). So we made it to my office on time, saw our patients, got our adjustments, visited with coworkers and got home in time for lunch. I was not 100% prepared for lunch...and by that I mean I was 0% prepared. Owen was starving, Scott was hungry/crabby and I didn't have a thing ready. We managed with Scott having a snack while Owen nursed and then I fixed Scott his lunch (which was slightly spoiled by his snack but what can you do, it was all remedied later by another snack). After lunch we played outside for a few hours. We came in and a few hours after that we got the text that daddy was on his way (a text that I told him was super important for my day these days) and we did a happy dance!
Scott's behavior was 50/50 for the most part. He tries to help when he can which is great but there were definitely time he was purposefully defiant. Overall he is doing so well with all the changes and I have no complaints.
I wish I had some pictures of our first day flying solo but that was one too many things for this mommy to accomplish today.
It was a good day and I know they will only get easier. I love being home with our amazing boys!

1 comment:

Followers