Saturday, March 3, 2012

Preparing for baby

We are anxiously awaiting Owen's arrival in two-ish weeks. We talk about him a lot and Scott has gotten to hang out with some sweet newborns lately which I think has helped him have a bit of an understanding of babies. Scott's number one girl Zoey has a baby that she brings around and they play with together (Zoey is practicing for her little sister, babies babies everywhere and I'm so excited). So I got to thinking that maybe Scott should have his own baby to take care of and play with and maybe especially he can get his baby doll out to play with once Owen is here and mommy has to hold or nurse him. We gave Scott his baby the morning of my most recent midwife appointment since he would be coming along and we would be talking about babies there. So far "baby" has been a success. First thing Scott did was carry him to "daddy's bed" (yeah somehow I got axed from bed ownership even though generally if Scott ever sleeps in there it's with me when Brian is traveling). He wanted me to pull the covers up over him and the baby and then he wanted his pitas. I suggested that we share a pita with baby. I could literally see Scott's wheels spinning...how was he gonna get out of sharing the beloved pitas? He suggested that we go get baby his pita. So we did. Now baby only travels with his pita. And yes I got Scott the baby that's dressed like a tiger, I thought maybe since he loves animals so much if the baby had an animal costume on Scott would be more interested. Don't worry I don't plan on dressing our real baby like an animal even though I'm sure Scott would get a kick out of it.
In other baby prep news, clothes are washed and put away (thanks Mimi you rock!), today my mom and I went and got some more baby socks (because be seriously no one actually has theirs from their first right? I lose socks after one wash) and newborn diapers and a few other essentials. I still need to grab a few things to have on hand for labor but I have the big stuff ready to go and pack Scott's overnight bag incase he ends up heading over to Mimi and papas for a sleep over : )
Poor Mr. Owen doesn't have a bed set up yet. Scott was in our room for a while and since we don't know if we are going to try to sell the house again anytime soon I figured I might as well wait. I would hate to get it all done then not use and end up moving. And I dont want to give up our extra room for a room Owen won't be using for a while, especially because want to keep that guest bed up for all of our helpers these next few months. I feel like in some ways I'm already starting on the second baby getting the shaft on things but I also realize he will have no idea if he had nursery at birth or a few months later. He will know that he got to spend lots of time with mommy and daddy and lots of visitors came to see us when he was born. And that's what matters!
As soon as Brian gets home it is time to bring on the long walks, red raspberry leaf tea and all the other labor inducing fun. Can't wait to meet the little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers