Monday, April 2, 2012

Three-oh!

Sunday I turned the big 3-0! Which is so crazy but also not at the same time. I used to always say to my mom what a crazy decade your twenties was. I was away at college, then grad school, I met Brian, got married, started my career and had two kids in my twenties. Talk about a life changing decade.

For my birthday we headed up to my parents to hang out and celebrate (my dads birthday and Matt's birthday fall within the same week so we used the time to celebrate their birthdays as well, and Parker Js because Brian and Owen and I didn't make it to his party). It was a gorgeous day for playing in the backyard, having fish tacos and frozen yogurt.

Celebrating as a family of 4....thanks for making such an awesome face Scott!
family time
I love how intensely this kid eats his frozen yogurt.
I couldn't ask for anything more than these two sweet babies! Lately Scott asks to hold Owen all the time. He is so good with him. For my crazy jumper, runner, t Rex stomper guy to sit still and hold his brother so gently is the sweetest thing in the world. Owen (usually) likes it too, he will stare at Scott while in his lap. Love.
I thought about looking back at my list of things to do before I turned 30 list and see what I had done, but then I realized making the list was so fun anyways and I didn't want to be reminded of what I hadn't done (after all there is still plenty of time to do those things, 30 is not that old right). So instead I've been thinking of the great memories from this past year. Going to Europe with Brian, getting pregnant again, fun day trips with Hilary and Andy, Scott turning 2, prenatal yoga, my practice growing and becoming specialized in the area I have always hoped it would, and of course Owen being born! What a great year....can't wait to see what the next 30 have in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers