Monday, October 15, 2012

7 months

 7 months old today!
Gettin' so big!!!  With Scott everyone told me how big he was for his age because he was such a chunky monkey!  Its now starting with Owen but I think for different reasons...he is SOOO long!  And what's funny to me is that he is bigger than Scott was at this age, just not so chunky.  Guess we are gonna have two big boys on our hands.
Owen continues to be such a happy kid.  Wakes up happy, gets fussy when he's tired but is generally happy the rest of the day.  He is trying to keep up with Scott in a major way and we try to emphasize to Scott how important his big brother job is.  Scott takes it very seriously and really looks out for his brother (when he is not tackling him, yes, it has begun...).  
Owen is pulling up on everything but thankfully not walking yet!!!  He's a pretty efficient crawler.  The step downs from our entry to our living room and our playroom to our living room are nearly killing me because Owen has taken more headers off them than I can count.  I'm excited for him to have those down...but then he will probably start walking and we will have the battle of the steps all over again.
Still not on solids.  I finally made a batch of zucchini and a batch of pears to freeze so at least we have some ready to go when we start.  I gave him a few tastes of the zucchini and I think it made him a little constipated last night (something similar happened last week with avocado), so that tells me he is probably not completely ready...so maybe another week or two and we will try again.
He is loving park time (and its finally cooled off a little so we go A LOT now, well until today...this week is supposed to be hot again, really? REALLY?  ENOUGH - fall...PLEASE!!!).  He loves the swings and the sand box and has even gone down the slide a few times with me!
He is also becoming SUCH a daddy's boy!!!  Brian gets home and he lights up like a Christmas tree!!!! And he hollers and leans out of my arms until Brian takes him.  And he watches every second when Brian and Scott wrestle and play, and I know he just  can't wait to get in there!!!

"Oh here mom, let me hold that for you!"

We love you little O!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers