Saturday, October 27, 2012

October

I think October is my favorite month.  Fall has finally truly arrived (although its seems to be coming and going) I can legitimately decorate for fall.  All things pumpkin!  The holidays are on the horizon.  Halloween is fun but Thanksgiving and Christmas around the corner makes me giddy.  And bonus: we got married in October.


This October I feel a little behind.  I haven't decorated much, which I attribute to not being totally settled in the new house yet and not having many surfaces to put things on (need: mantle, side tables, coffee table).  Plus after having the major sickies around here and I realize that October is nearly over and we haven't done all the things I planned on.
We have a pumpkin carving party to attend tomorrow and fingers crossed that we make it to a pumpkin patch before Halloween (we kind of went a week or so ago, but I don't really count it, Owen was beginning his sickies and it was HOTT and miserable and we only stayed like 20 minutes).  So in the meantime here are my fall pictures so far...warning: picture overload

Scott has done a few fall crafts.  Outside.  In just his chonies.  Its been that warm.


At the pumpkin patch.  All Scott wanted to do was see the goats.

 Hot and miserable.  "I choose this one mom, now can we go!"
 When we got home from the patch this day we even ate popsicles, which is just wrong, we should have been having cider and hot chocolate.  But we did have wonderful visitors: Auntie Al and Auntie Kay!

Lil O in his Skeleton jams/costume


Studying his pumpkin

Feeling healthy again and loving Halloween

 Scott has been telling me for about a month that he wants to be a T-Rex.  Once or twice he has said other things like shark or alligator but mostly T-Rex.  Last year I waited until the last minute to buy his costume and got a killer deal. This year I was hoping for the same effect plus time just got away from me and whoops....no T-Rex to be found.  Luckily I found a dragon costume.  You know.  I know.  Scott does not know.  Please oh please just call him a T-Rex!
 And since most days he is a T-Rex anyways its only appropriate that he has been wearing his costume around the house!

My Halloween babies...



So hopefully I will have more fall fun to share with you in the next few days as we wrap up my favorite month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers