Monday, March 4, 2013

Birthday beach trip + interview

 Brian was able to take friday off to celebrate Scott's belated birthday, so we headed to the beach for the morning.  First we hit Santa Monica for a long walk, the pier and Scott's first ever hot dog on a stick (insert mommy sigh here!).  Hot dog on a stick is Brian's favorite (or is it In'n'out?) so I had to give in and let Scott have it as a birthday treat. 

Then we headed to Malibu to play in the sand and water.  Santa Monica has some of the dirtiest water in California (maybe even the U.S.???, GROSS!) and we wanted the boys to be able to play in the waves a bit so Malibu was a much better choice.





And I've been trying to "interview" Scott, but every time I ask a question he clues into what I'm doing and starts answering silly.  Example:  Scott what's your favorite thing to have for breakfast:  "Couches".  

I've been able to sneak in a few responses here and there, so here is what I got:

Favorite breakfast:  "Oatmeal"  (true story, today we were out and it made for a very long, unhappy morning, so we stopped at trader joe's today as to be better prepared for tomorrow)

Favorite color:  "Brown" (answers this every time, although when choosing colors of cups, plates etc. he always wants orange.)

Favorite toy:  "Ironman"

Favorite thing to have for lunch:  "carrots" (LIE, its peanut butter and jelly)

Favorite TV show: " Diego" (Kill me, I hate that show, he just learned about it and has been on a kick for a week or two, we are gently trying to steer him away from it)

Favorite movie:  can never get a clear answer from him, he loves movies, all movies, if I were to guess I would think its probably Ice Age or Winnie-the-Pooh

Favorite place to go:  "the park/mimipapa's house/mommy's office"  (he said them all within the same answer)

What is mommy's job:  "To keep me and Owen and Daddy safe and healthy" (I had just told him that when I told him "no" it was not because I was being mean but because I wanted to keep him safe and healthy).  He knows the word chiropractor but usually forgets it.  He said my other job was to have patients at my office.

What is daddy's job:  "Daddy goes to work and comes home in the afternoon."  The really hilarious answer I got a few weeks ago when I asked him if he knew what daddy's job was:   "He works for you, in your office where you see patients." 

Favorite thing to have for dinner:  "Sketti"  (spaghetti)

Favorite vegetable:  "Carrots"

Favorite fruit:  "I don't like fruit."  What about strawberries, strawberries are fruit?  "Oh they are, OH YES STRAWBERRIES!!!"

Favorite thing to do:  "Play with Parker John, or my bruver, or Ryker.  Play with my friends."

What do you want to be when you grow up: "Batman.  Firefighter.  Astronaut."  (all said in the same answer)

What's your favorite thing to do at school?:   "Play with my friends.  Play with Gavin."

Favorite song:  "The fish song and animal action."   (both are preschool songs)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers