Monday, March 25, 2013

Holy cow Batman + bonus material (basically our life in pictures as of late)

 It would an understatement for me to say that dress up is a huge part of our days lately.  Its basically an all day, every day occurrence.  Often Scott is in some type of costume before he even puts clothes on for the day.  He is quite the little actor and comes up with the fiercest faces for his characters.

This gem was written on the sidewalk in our neighborhood on one of our recent morning walks.  Nothing like a little sidewalk chalk motivation.


Last week we had this done:

What you ask?  Recessed lights.  Up til now we had no lighting in either our entry or hallway.  It wasn't too bad unless you came in at night and it was pitch dark or stumbled down to the kitchen in the night and missed the step up because the wood is so dark.  So its basically awesome.  We also had the guy move the light switch in Owen's room.  It used to be behind the door on the far right wall which was beyond annoying.  Now its in normal spot.  Annoyingly though I have not broken the habit of going to where the switch used to be.  Now we are waiting for quotes on some other electrical jobs, most importantly (in my opinion) moving the TV above the fireplace, it is beyond awkward where it is currently.

More dress up!  Super baby!

"Don't worry guys, its just me, Owen"

Auntie Kel and Uncle J. gave the boys a superhero fort kit for their birthdays and we have had so much fun setting up super secret hideouts everyday!

I told Scott "its the adventures of super Scott."  He said "and super mommy".  Melt my heart.  The highest compliment is being promoted to superhero status!

Owen had just woken up from his nap and was immediately given a cape and brought into our hideout, he was a little stunned at first:

We have been to the park of course and last week met a few more boys around our boys' ages.  I know I say it often but I just am in love with our neighborhood.  So many kiddos, so many little boys to play with.  We seem to never be without friends at the park.

 And I guess I have to say that Owen is officially walking.  He probably still crawls a little more than he walks, but he is walking more and more and further and further every day.

Early morning pirate's life.

Sunday my mom and I had a girls day of antiques, lattes and lunch (9021Pho in Westlake, highly recommend).  We explored all the antique markets at the Whizin center in agoura, they were all pretty pricey but SO MUCH FUN!

My dream hutch at Bungalow.  It housed their selection of Annie Sloane chalk paint.  My inner crafter is ITCHING to do some projects (chalk paint an old dresser in our room in up first....probably not for a few more years because who am I kidding, paint a dresser with a 3 year old and 1 year old in da house? Not super realistic, but a girl can dream, and make lists, and buy supplies(?) right?!)

Treasures galore!
Thanks for a great day Mimi.  Looking forward to our next day out already (I'm feeling Rose Bowl flea market in April, put in on your calendar)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers