Friday, July 19, 2013

Swim II


Scott started his second session of swim this week and he is rockin' it.  After "graduating" from polliwogs to seals he has a new teacher (the young muscle-y chap pictured below, good heavens these swim teacher kids make me feel old) which was a bit of a challenge for Scott since he thought his last teacher was "super cool", but after Zach (the last teacher) told Scott that Alex (new teacher) was his buddy Scott was stoked.

Scott is mastering back and front floats, learning to use the kick boards and practicing his "big scoops".  

He can make it about a quarter to a third away across the pool unassisted and I think that he's doing super.

Our sweet friend Robin came to watch swim lessons yesterday and I was commenting to her about how watching my kids doing this things makes me burst with pride.  What I realized too is that its not about Scott being "good" at swimming or any other activity, but its watching him love these things, love learning them, love trying new things and watching him get excited and be proud of himself.

Yesterday was also a big day for Scott because finally, after three full weeks of asking, they go to go off the diving board!!! He was so jazzed!

After he went off the low dive he asked to go off the high dive (of course!).  We are saving that one for another time.  And the teachers told us ahead of time so Daddy was able to come watch (which he always does on thursdays while I work) and I moved around patients so I could stay too, big day for the Campbells!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers