Thursday, January 30, 2014

Dear Blog,

Hey blog land.  I miss you.  This month has gotten away from me.  We have been doing a lot, and for the last two weeks the boys and I have been holding down the fort while daddy was at the Farmers Insurance Open, leaving little time for updates on the blog. Now he's back with another great tournament under his belt.  We are so proud of him and sure did miss him while he was away.  Hopefully we will be more on top of things in the next month.  I just know you wait with bated breath for Campbell updates (wink!).

So a little phone dump and some quick updates for now.

While daddy has been away wok time for me has meant lots of babysitter time for the boys.  Fortunately we have some great babysitter who the boys adore so I had zero worries while I was at the office.   One of our sitters is also a patient, so I have been giving her adjustments at the house before or after I go in.  And Owen is sure to not be left out of the fun and always hops up for his afterwards.  Its fun being a chiromom.

We usually store away some Christmas presents for a rainy day (aka a day without daddy and we are at the end of our ropes).  This time around one that busted out was hungry hungry hippos (thanks Richie girls!).  We played marathon rounds this particular day and had so much fun.  Especially Owen.  Whenever he sees the game he begs to play it.  We have to put it up and away when we are done or the marbles are everywhere courtesy of our almost two year old.  He just LOVES the game.

Karate has started back up and Scott is still enjoying it.  I think it has been good for him to be returning to the class.  I have seen a boost in his confidence.  He loves being the example and answering questions.

Some Christmas money earned someone a new superhero mask (because obviously we didn't have enough).  Love running errands with this little super hero.

We have gotten lots of great hang out time with parker j.  This particular day these two goof balls played:  "Baby Spiderman and Daddy Wolverine."  Who says boys don't play house?

We had several sleep overs at mimi and papa's while brian was away (thanks Mimi and Papa, couldn't have made it through without ya!)  Mimi and did a lot of painting.  Although my crafts are a far cry from masterpieces they were therapeutic and therefor successful to me!


And Mimi and Papas for dinner usually means an ice cream cone for dessert.

Mimi is always stocked up with gluten free cones and coconut milk ice cream!

Definitely a great end to the day...

Our most recent sleep over at Mimi and Papa's resulted in little room in the bed for me (Scott got moved to the floor not long after this picture was taken)

This week at preschool every student was told to bring in a prepared vegetable to make Stone Soup.  Scott chose carrots and in the spirit of learning new things, he even helped chop it up.

And Owen wasn't about to be left out:

Another visit with parker j (Whom Owen calls John these days!).  Scott was in a bit of a mood by this point and Parker and Owen took advantage of that and really ganged up on him and tormented him.  It was a little mean, but I'm honestly surprised it hasn't happened before now.  I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of that going on in the future.  You live, you learn right?!

I can't believe January is over and in the next 6 weeks my babies will turn 4 and 2.  Lots of blogging to come I'm sure.  

See you in February!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers