Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Much later post….

A few weekends ago….

We started saturday swim lessons.  Scott still talks about going swimming all the time so I figured why not get back into lessons once a week.  Well it sucked.  Owen's class is a parent and me class and that was awesome.  Brian took him, he loved it, case closed.  Scott was not having it.  I may have not been completely clear that we were going to a lesson rather than just going to the pool to swim as a family.  Whatever the case he flipped out and would not go in.  And his teacher.  Bless her heart.  She thought he was scared of the water.  She kept trying to coax him in and promising he didn't have to put his face in.  From my perspective he was just overcome with shyness and in a situation that maybe he wasn't fully expecting.  I just wanted to keep telling her "he's not scared of the water, he can swim fine, its not him, its you."  Obviously in the nicest way possible.  Anyways, after that 40 minute disaster we decided we would make a family trip to the pool the next day just for some practice and fun.  
Just what we did….the boys loved it…all 3 of them!!!


Now that the holidays are over and we are back to our regularly scheduled program (which is actually pretty nice, don't get me wrong, Christmas is my favorite! but it can get hectic) we are enjoying slow, family weekends.

That evening after we went swimming we enjoyed a movie night….
Assume the position boys:

After I took this I made them move away from the TV….such a party pooper I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers