Sunday, January 5, 2014

Tide pools

While Aunt C was still in town we decided a trip to the butterfly preserve and the tide pools was in order.

We were still a few week early to see many butterflies, but there were a few and we got to see a bunch "explode" out of a nest before we moved onto the tide pools which was pretty neat.
Above: Mimi, Owen + Papa (incase you didn't know which of my kids it was…harder and harder to tell these days)

Gorgeous views….

We only just made it to the beach when we decided it was time to stop for lunch (it was maybe 11:00)

But I would never turn down a beach picnic with my favorite fellas:


After lunch we walked the 1/4ish mile (? half mile?  not sure) down the beach to where the good tide pools are.  The big boys were drawn like bees to honey when they saw this pool to play in (half way to the tide pools by now)

Pretty sure they could have stayed all day








Made it to the tide pools:

Owen + Aunt C

Mimi showing anemones to Owen…100% in her element!!!!

All the boys touched one.  Scott described it as sticky and wasn't keen on doing it again, Owen seemed to like it a bit more.



The big boys saw a few sea creatures and then decided they just wanted to play in the waves and warm pools of water…I should have known.




The hike back


 Same hike back last year….

And the year before….

1 comment:

  1. Amazing photos, especially the last couple! These simple days of excitement over tide pools make me weepy because soon enough I don't think our kids will find that stuff so cool. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope I am. Love that you treasure these moments!

    ReplyDelete

Followers