Friday, July 2, 2010

Kale

Today was my 2nd day to eat all raw foods. So far so good again. I was going to shoot for every Wednesday, but this past Wednesday was mommy group again (pictures to come) and I knew I was going to want to partake in yummy snacks (that were not raw or vegan) so I kept pushing it back and am now sneaking in under the wire for doing it before the week ends! But I just had to share my excitement about kale! Lame? Well I just love the stuff, I'm totally addicted, I crave it! I have started making roasted kale once or twice a week (toss in olive oil, roast in oven for 5 mins, flip and roast for 10 more mins, sprinkle with sea salt - enjoy) and I'm a little embarrassed to say that I can take down an entire tray full in one day (usually one sitting) but really its a leafy green vegetable so how bad can it really be to eat it all?!?!! On my raw days I have started making kale smoothies - Oh so good! I like them so much I have one most everyday now, I add spinach and bean sprouts when I have them and fruit to make it sweet and yummy. Kale is definitely my new obsession - if you have a good recipe I want it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers