Thursday, July 15, 2010

Scott the yogi?


Today Scott and I went to Robin's prenatal yoga class. Robin allows postpartum mommies to come back to class with their babies until they are six months and are old enough to go to the child care at yoga works. It was actually my 2nd time back, but last week I went and didn't take Scott because my mom and Aunt Charlotte were in town to watch him. Today's class was great. It felt so good to be back doing yoga again!!!
Scott is definitely a wild man though! Our friends Masha and Scarlette also took the class. Scarlette is 2 weeks younger than Scott and such a well behaved mellow baby. I swear she just laid quietly on her blanket and watched her mommy for 45 minutes without ever making a peep. When she did make a peep....it was literally just a peep. Scott on the other hand was all over the place. I brought him his own "yoga mat" (tummy time mat) and got him all set up, within the first 5 minutes he had rolled off the mat, grabbed it, gotten tangled up in it and slobbered all over it. I spread his mat back out and then surrounded it with yoga blankets. He continued rolling the entire class. He would also SHRIEK with glee every time he rolled over, got something in his mouth, made eye contact with me or anyone else and anytime I changed poses....soooo that was the whole time. At one point he made everyone laugh by doing his gurgle laugh (that will make sense to you if you've heard it), so he'd gurgle, everyone would laugh then he would laugh hysterically....repeat cycle! I think his favorite part was when I let him lay on my mat and I did my poses over him! He thought mommy was so talented and he loved rolling back and forth and grabbing my feet and chewing on the bottom of my pants (probably not the cleanest thing, bad parenting?). Overall I probably got about 3/4 of the workout which was awesome, and I loved being there. I wouldn't want Scott to be any other way. I love that he keeps me on my toes (literally!!!) and that he is already active and inquisitive! As for Scott having a future in the yoga world we'll see. Robin did hold him at the end and he was mesmerized by her voice (makes sense, he did listen to her 2 or 3 times a week for 9 months), he got so mellow and then took an extra long nap after yoga...but for now I say he is more suited to wrestling, track, football, soccer, swimming, running.......what a wild man we have!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers