Sunday, September 12, 2010

Food critic...


So I was the typical naive mom who just knew my child was going to like everything I fed him, especially veggies! Scott has been having tastes here and there of solid foods for about a month or so now and its been going great - he still loves all things food related (cups, spoons, bowls, and of course food itself). Now that he is 6 months we have gotten more serious with eating solids and I have started making lots of batches of baby food and letting him try different things in larger quantities. He is fine with cauliflower and zucchini (his first foods) and now he has tried butternut squash (not a hit) carrots (he could take 'em or leave 'em) green beans (worst ever) and pears ("Mom, why would you feed me anything but this sweet delicious fruit!??"). We have not done any grains (ie rice cereal, oatmeal) and we won't be adding those for a while yet (if you want to know why I have a great article written by a pediatrician in NY that I would be happy to send you!). Scott hates green beans and squash so much he makes himself gag and cough to try to get it out of his mouth. So I trick him into eating those foods by mixing in some delicious pears! You do what you have to right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers