Saturday, September 18, 2010

Treats...


I know its fall and I just said that I can't wait for all things fall and ice cream doesn't really fall into that category, but its still HOT here so give a girl a break! One of my favorite things to make is ice cream, its easy and fun to make and delicious to serve and its so much yummier than store bought! The only flavor I haven't figured out how to make well is strawberry. Every time I make it it comes out icy or too sweet or no strawberry flavor, so when I saw this starter at Williams Sonoma - hello! - I had to try it! I only had to add half and half, cream, and I added a handful of fresh diced strawberries for good measure! It came out AMAZING - I only licked the spatula (I can't actually eat ice cream), so I will be waiting on the final verdict from the real ice cream critic of the house (Brian) once he gets back from Big Bear with a new couch and new (old) truck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers