Monday, September 27, 2010

Seven months...

There was absolutely positively no way this photo session was going to happen without plenty of toys for Scott so my 'seven months' blocks would stay in place. Gone are the days of cute, still, smiling baby where I can snap away and get literally hundreds of perfect shots...no knocked over blocks, no hands in mouth, no crawling away etc. The above picture is one of literally two with a smile sans truck/block/hand in mouth AND looking at the camera. Most of the time he was way too engrossed in his toys (see below) to give me a second look.


And at least two thirds of this photo shoot was spent encouraging Scott to sit down at all! He would much rather play with that handsome fellow in the mirror than sit and take a picture with mommy ("MOM! This is lame!!!!").

These days Scott is crawling (old news) all over. He mastered the one step in our house (from family room to living room) on the first try....lovely, something else to baby proof. He is not so great at getting down that step yet though. He is standing up anywhere he can find a way to leverage himself into place, then promptly letting go with both hands to see how long he can balance. We have suffered our first black eye and countless other head bumps this past month. He is getting better at picking up small items (pincher grip has emerged) and likes to pick up tiny bits of banana and peach that I let him play with as well as grass, small rocks, and piece of anything sharp and dangerous and small that he might find in the carpet or on the floor. He is a pretty good eater, not the best but he will do it. We do all kinds of veggies and a few fruits (big pieces in his chewy are the big hit) and recently I introduced rice milk and coconut milk based yogurt - holy deliciousness Scott is in heaven, he simply cannot get enough and would probably eat the whole container if I served it to him!
Scott loves his cousin Parker, they are best buds and we are lucky that they get to hang out several times a week! They definitely crack each other up and I think they have a language because it truly seems like they egg each other on. The other day I was changing Scott's diaper and I swear he looked at Parker and said "hey cousin watch this" and proceeded to take off crawling away from me with his bare poopy tushy, Parker started cracking up, Scott started cracking up, I was freaking out and then Scott looked at Parker again and 'said': "look how pissed my mom is...funny right?" Those two are going to be T-R-O-U-B-L-E!!!!! Scott also loves Charlie and climbs all over him! He is still a total mama's boy but has been so into his Daddy lately. When hear Brian's car pull up I let Scott know that Daddy is home and he gets all excited and looks around and when Brian walks in Scott screams with delight and jumps into his arms....MELT.MY.HEART!
I cannot believe we have a seven month old, where has the time gone? Over halfway to one...let the birthday party planning begin : ) And wish me luck in the coming months of monthly photo block pictures...I'm sure they are only going to get more difficult!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers