Sunday, May 8, 2011

Oh Hi! Ojai!

We just returned from a fun filled weekend in Ojai to celebrate Mother's Day. Just thought I would share a few shots of the lovely inn.

We were excited to celebrate Mother's Day with Grandma Karen and G-pa this year too!

At the bird cage. Brian and I are not the biggest fans of birds (understatement) but good parents get over their fears and stand next to a bird cage (through which a bird cannot touch you) so their son can be oh so excited to see the bird and say "hello" back and forth (we made several stops at the bird cage throughout the weekend).
Pleased as punch!

Although the weekend was overcast it wasn't too terribly cold out and the pools were heated (score!) so we took advantage! This was Scott's first experience with a baby pool...how fun to be able to stand up and walk around it in all by yourself?!?!


"Motor boat, motor boat go so FAST!"

Attempt at recreating our awesome Hawaii picture from last summer. Some moments you just cannot recreate...but nice try?!


Mother's Day dinner (saturday night) Scott did amazingly well while we had an amazing and leisurely dinner (thanks to our waiter who brought Scott his very own cup with a straw and a plate full of goodies like applesauce and banana slices)...he even stayed happy through desert (probably because he knew he would get a bite - Scott likes apple sorbet if you are keeping score)

Scott also enjoyed playing on the putting greens.

Lanterns....obsessed!

"One....Two....THREEEEEEE"

This morning we had a yummy breakfast followed by some park time.



"Mom, you are so funny!"

Thank you Grandma, G-pa, Brian and Scott for a great weekend! My boys gave me another amazing mother's day!
Happy mother's day to my amazing mom - I will never be able to thank you enough for all you have given me, not the least of which is the confidence and capability to be a mother to my son! And happy mother's day to all of the mom's, mom's to be, and those who have helped raise and mother all of us!
I have a patient who wished me a happy mother's day when she left on Friday, she said not just because I'm a mom to my child but also to thank me (and the staff too) for having "a hand" in mothering her children. She said it more eloquently but I found it to be not only flattering but profound. May we always appreciate all the women who have helped mother us in our lives and may we always live our lives as an example because we are mothering others!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers