Sunday, May 1, 2011

Pregnancy Awareness Month...

May is Pregnancy Awareness Month (I just found this out). Alexis and I attended a PAM kick off event in Santa Monica today - it was fun and HOT, but mostly fun! Of course both boys slept on the ride down : )

There were tons of awesome vendors and speakers and we scored some awesome swag (plum baby samples, born free sippies, luna bars, belli lotion - to name a few). The highlight for the boys (well, and the mommies) was the snacks. I was impressed with how many of the vendors had gluten free choices and everyone giving out food used all organic ingredients - snaps PAM vendors.
Scott and Ryker loved sitting in the kids area to enjoy their snacks (juice box for Scott and cupcake for Ryker - mmmm!) There was also a kids area where they got to pet reptiles and insects, paint flower pots and plant a flower, take a picture with a big ladybug and other fun activities.
The highlight for this mama (besides all the fabulous stuff I learned and the great company of course) was the sno-cone stand. I have been searching high and low for quality shaved ice - a place that will rival Bahama Mama's in Katy - to no avail. And now, let's just say this place was made for me, quality shaved ice, quality ingredients. All natural, organic, no artificial flavors or colors - speakin' my language! The flavors they were serving today included the common favorites like mango, coconut and watermelon but they also had walnut (devine) and beetlejuice (beet juice and lemonade -- I ordered this one and was not disappointed). And they sprinkled cinnamon, honey, crushed nuts, etc. on your order if you wanted! I'm so obsessed and best part: they are a food truck so you can follow them on facebook/twitter so you can food stalk them and get one everyday...I might do this. Don't judge. Its called Sno-Con Amore if you live near me and are curious!
Happy Pregnancy Awareness Month! I'm off to research how I can incorporate celebrating this month in my practice : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers