Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween 2013

Its gonna be a long post folks, there is just too much halloween cuteness!

Our Halloween week started with Scott's preschool Halloween party, complete with trick or treating.  It was my work day in his classroom so I got to partake in all the fun (dressed as Scott's sidekick of course!)

Buddies just waiting to go trick or treating (spiderman is one of Scott's (I mean Batman's) best friends at school….they are pretty inseparable)


Tuesday was also Scott's first day to stay for picnic pals (two extra hours to stay and eat lunch and play on the playground, he's been asking to stay for this since school started and I finally got him enrolled.  He calls is "picnic piles" by the way.  So cute)
So well Scott stayed to play I headed out to do some errands, still dressed as Robin.  My trip to whole foods included fresh juice for lunch and I have to give kudos to my "juice-ista" for playing along with my costume (especially since my other half wasn't with me to make me look normal)

After school we had just enough time to stop home for a quick snack before Scott and I headed to my office (Owen spends Tuesdays at Mimi and Papas, we usually pick him up at 12:30 but this picnic pals thing has us changing the way we shuffle)
 Scott was super patient during my super busy night and we made to sure to get our super hero adjustments before we left.

Halloween eve we took a spooooooky bath (led ice cubes) which was a HUGE hit!


Halloween morning Scott woke up and asked if it was time for trick or treating yet.
It was a regular school day for Scott including picnic piles.  So when I picked him up at 2 he was fully exhausted already.  We rested and watched a movie and played quietly in hopes of him getting a second wind for trick or treating.  Don't know why I even worried….he was SO READY!

We got in our gear about 45 minutes before it was time to head to our friends house for dinner and drinks before trick or treating.  Then of course: Photo shoot time.  I may or may not have used the phrase: "the more pictures you take the more candy you get".  Multiple times.
 But bribery worked and I managed a few shots of Batman and Robin before the craziness ensued.  Robin even left his mask on for a while.  Miracle.
 The pictures above and below just scream "Super Hero" to me.  Love it.



 And I went as Robin again (a "costume" I can wear with yoga pants?  sign me up.)
 (And if you're curious Brian went as "Super Dad" - jeans, quicksilver shirt, flip flops….WINK WINK)




 Ok so picture overload, you knew it was coming...


Scott really gets into character when his bat suit is on.  He also spend much of the week referring to himself in the third person…."Batman would like more juice please"  "Batman needs some help with his shoes" etc.

After pictures we walked to our friends' house (and I can't stress enough (yet again) how much I love our neighborhood and having friends right around the corner!) for a little trick or treating pre party!

aaaaah…..fall…..

And this one, it fully melts my heart.  The way Owen is looking at Scott.  My heart is full.







Pizza picnic with Batman, Robin and Katelyn the kitty cat!

And then we attempted to get these three to sit, smile and look the same direction:
 Still cute.  And next year Lexi (Katelyn's cousin will be big enough to sit and smile too, just one more kid to not be looking at the same camera! haha!)

We trick or treated last year but Owen was still ergo baby status.  This year he was ready and excited but he really didn't need to go past the front porch.  He could have stayed and looked at the lights for an hour and then gone home.  Every house I took him from resulted in tear because he wanted to stay and admire the decor.  "Ooooooh" "wow".

He did make it up to a few doors to get candy.  The concept was a little lost on him still.  When the neighbor would reach to put candy in his bucket he would pull his bucket back and say "noooo".  I think he thought they were taking his bucket away.  They managed to sneak the candy in anyways, but its completely fine by me that he doesn't have a taste for candy yet.

We got home and for the first year dumped our stash and looked through it.  Scott was told in advance he could only have on piece before bed.  He hemmed and hawed for a bit, and asked what everything was (we a bit unfamiliar with 'conventional' candy in our house), whatever we told him he said "oh, I like [insert candy name]" he ended up choosing a lollipop and therefor Owen chose a lollipop (thank you trader joes, mommy did the old switcheroo, i'm sorry I just really really hate corn syrup and red #40). 


 Then we told Scott he could choose 3 pieces to save and eat this weekend (another lollipop, a twizzlers and a bag of m&ms) and the rest would be gone.  And he was cool with it.  A local dentist will take your candy and send it to troops overseas so we tried explaining that to Scott as best we could and he was good to go.  He had his lollipops!
This morning he woke up and asked for candy for breakfast…sooooo I guess that's started already, I thought it would be when they were around 7 or 8.  Stupid mom.  But we did manage to wait until after lunch for the m&ms.

Things we didn't do this year: Carve a jack-o-lantern.  Kind of makes me feel like mommy fail, but you know what the kids didn't know and I'm pretty sure they had a rockin' Halloween….there's always next year right?!

We hope you and yours had a spook-tacular week!




1 comment:

  1. My kids asked for candy allllll day beginning at 6am. I successfully (?) held off until lunch as well. We picked 5 and are eating them until they are gone. The rest is ending up in the trash, gasp! Whatever, they don't need it and I sure as heck don't.

    LOVED the mommy costume and your boys are just so stinkin cute. I know I've said this before, but Scott is looking more and more like Brian! He at least has his facial expressions. Yes? No? Happy November, Campbells!

    ReplyDelete

Followers