Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Farm Fresh TO ME!!!!

While at the Green City Fair this past weekend I signed up for an organic produce delivery service. I know a few people who do this and they really enjoy it so I figured why not try it, I can literally cancel after one box if I want. Plus my own little backyard organic garden adventure is going rather slowly, currently there is one bell pepper, I'm ridiculously tempted to pick it and gobble it up, but its got a bit more growing to do. So until I'm a full fledged gardener - Farm Fresh To You is farm fresh to me!

Box #1 arrived today: it definitely did not disappoint!

Strawberries, grapes, watermelon, carrots, peppers, corn tomatoes, radishes, lettuce and celery: for 25$ - deal of the century!

"Mom! I want to try this MOM! MOM!"

"oh no, tomatoes are NOT good."
So I can have a box of this size delivered weekly, every other week, once a month, twice a week...whatever I want. I can also change the box each week to be all fruit, all veggies, mostly fruit, etc. etc. this is the second smallest box, they have one smaller that feeds 1-2 people but we eat A LOT of produce so I bought for 3-4 (they also have larger boxes and even can do corporate boxes). I'm totally impressed with the quality and freshness (the guy who gave me the pitch told me they harvest and deliver within 48 hrs - that means two days ago (or less) my food was still attached to the ground - awesome!) the boxes change week to week so you never know exactly what's coming (and they are willing to customize based on allergies or dislikes) it was like Christmas morning when my box came! My service is 31$ per delivery (25$ for the first one because I signed up at the fair) which is not bad at all in my opinion. I spend so much on organic produce each week - I think this will be a savings in the long run. The farm also sent a little "newsletter" with fun info about the farm etc. but also included recipes for the items in my box this week - genius!
So if you are interested check them out here: www.farmfreshtoyou.com
If you use the code: 6164 they will give you the deal I got (5$ off first box)
And if you sign up please oh please use my name as a referral because I will get a free box (and I promise to share)

1 comment:

Followers