Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ventura Adventura

Hilary and I took the boys for a long walk at the beach in Ventura the other day (in excited anticipation of our parents moving there in just days now). It was chilly when we first started out, but burned off and got sunny and beautiful by the end.

The boys enjoyed snacks and people watching, while we enjoyed chatting and the gorgeous scenery.


We ended our walk here...

{peek-a-boo}

And played here...

And here...
I distinctly remember coming to this beach (I'm like 99% sure it was this one, the one by the hotel mom? yeah?) as a kid. Specifically I remember coming without Hilary, I think it was her morning at MDO or preschool and my mom and I consistently had an hour or so to kill each week. There were metal swings and a slide. They have since been replaced by these swings and playground but like I said I'm pretty sure its the same location. Who would have thought in a million years, with all the moving our family does, that our boys would ever have a chance to swing on the same swings (sorta) at the same beach as we did growing up? And with all of us (almost, days away, DAYS!!!) living in the same area?!

Scott offered to push Parker J. in the swing....so nice!

Then we went home for popsicles - Parker J. lookin' oh-so-big!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers