Saturday, June 4, 2011

Green City Fair

Scott and I just came home from a fun (free) event: The Green City Fair which was held at Tree People! There were tons of vendors and we learned a lot. There were also sustainable inspired crafts (Scott was still a little young for everything except the table covered in paper with crayons - you were supposed to draw flowers and plants (going with the green theme) we just drew). There were lots of cool speakers and classes but we didn't attend. Scott really liked the stage that had music and speakers, I think he thought if he watched long enough maybe, just maybe, the Sesame Street cast would make an appearance...sorry buddy.

The real reason we went was because I knew Sno Con Amor was going to be there. Confession: I only knew about the fair because I'm a facebook fan of Sno Con Amor and they advertised for it. Obsessed much? But they are so yummy. I may or may not have had two....I shared with Scott so that should count for something.

Tree people is a very cool place. Its located in Coldwater Canyon Park and they have huge grounds (I don't actually know how big) and green houses and education centers and classrooms and all kinds of fun stuff. They have many volunteer opportunities and I definitely think it would be something fun for all of the Campbells to get involved with someday.

There was a great big tunnel that led to the kids area, I think it was a section of a sewer pipe (clean though). We had a lot of fun in here listening to how our voices sound when you shout!

Beautiful grounds...I should have taken more pictures. I really loved this water feature.

On the bus ride back to our car, sharing our (ahem) second snow cone of the day (if your curious our first was walnut and this one was beetlejuice - beet juice and lemonade, how can you not have 2 with so many awesome choices) Scott really liked the bus ride both ways!

Check out tree people here: www.treepeople.org
And follow Sno Con Amor on facebook. You will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers