Sunday, June 12, 2011

Socktopus, Slumber Party, Sisters and Swap Meets

We just finished up a fun filled weekend. But first, The Socktopus: pictured above, this cuddly sea creature is sure to impress at the baby shower today. My sister fashioned this fellow this past week as an order for a friend of hers for a baby shower that was today. I had to have a picture before she gave it up. We actually got the idea from a boutique on main street Ventura but I have to say Hilary's is way cuter. There are 4 pairs of socks (that can be taken off and worn by the baby) on the octopuses 8 legs (this is the part she "stole" from the shop). Hilary made hers much bigger and added a sensory component by adding different fillings to each leg and she added that cutie patootie head band!

Last night Hilary and Parker J. came over for a sleep over so we could leave bright and early this morning for the Rose Bowl Flea Market. We of course had a fun evening filled with dancing, dinner, baths, nekkid time, stories and then wine and movies for the mamas!


Ahh my Trefethen Riesling I purchased back in March...you were delicious! Glass of wine + Alice in Wonderland circa 1985 - the one with Carol Burnett, Sammy Davis Jr., Natalie Gregory = such a fun night for these mamas. This is my favorite version of Alice in Wonderland (I despised the Tim Burton edition - I'm not a Tim Burton fan really so I don't know what I expected) which is one of my favorite stories and I haven't seen in probably 15 years or more. It didn't disappoint! And who knew Scott Baio was in it - LOL!

This morning we hit the Rose Bowl bright and early (with Andy and ZoZo in tow). It was colder (and rainer) than we expected but we were prepared with lots of layers and blankets for the boys (and bear beanie for the Zoobee).

Seeestas!
We were a sight in our 3 matching Bob strollers and matching hats (hats purchased at the flea market for 10$ - love my new hat, and yes were all 3 wore them the rest of the day - what?! Dressing like twinsies hasn't been cute since 3rd grade? Didn't get the memo. weird!)

On the way home we picked up vegetarian pho and BOMB DOT COM thai iced tea!

We played in the driveway, ate lunch, tore up the play room, played in the back and had snacks for hours!

After H&P and A&Z went home Scott and I ran to trader joe's because mommy realized there was NOTHING to serve Scott for breakfast in the morning...unless I wanted to give him popsicles and string cheese...but no one is getting mother of the year for that?! : /

Then some more play time of course. Scott's new thing is sticking his tongue out when he is concentrating on something. Hilarious. Especially funny because he sticks it out so pointy.

Charlie is such a good dog!

Hmmm like dog like son? Maybe this is where Scott learned it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers