Thursday, May 23, 2013

Ahoy, matey!


The last week of school is next week and our last field trip of the year was today.  The boys and I were up EARLY for a boat trip in the Ventura harbor with Scott's class, so early, in fact, that we even made it to Mimi and Papa's for a pre boat pit stop.  Breakfast and coffee, yes please!!!
 (Scott's is hot chocolate (almond milk) incase you were concerned)

Cheers Mimi!

Pancakes and melon for this big guy.  And he did not put that watering can down the entire time.

We headed to the harbor after we filled our bellies and soon after we were on our way.
 Two attempts at a group shot of me and my babes.  What are we looking at?  Not the camera that's for sure.

We are straight up pirates in this house and as soon as we got to go outside at the front of the boat Scott yelled out "Land Ahoy!"  LOL

We saw some sea lions and headed back to the dock.  I do not have sea legs (understatement) but I did well since we did not go out into the waves at all (I was told this in advance, if not I would have sent another family member as Scott's chaperone).  After we got back to shore we walked to the museum for a picnic lunch.  On the way Scott found this fun fellow and I can safely say it was the highlight of the field trip for him.  We looked at it, took pictures of it, talked about it, the swords, the eye patch, hat etc. for at least fifteen minutes.
Here's to a great field trip and a great last week of school.  Ahoy Mates! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers