Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Memorial weekend + bonus material

 Well its Wednesday night after the long weekend we just had and I'm just getting to uploading some of the phone pics from the past few days (week?).   We have had lots of warm weather and busy busy the last week or so.

One night last week Scott asked for seconds of dinner (this NEVER happens).  The kid has the worst appetite most of the time so I take it when I can get it.  This happened to be indian spiced noodles with tofu and peas.  So random.  And of course 3 straws in his juice....because he is 3 obviously.

We kicked off the long weekend with 'pizza picnic friday', a sometimes tradition in the Campbell house.

And pizza picnics usually lead to soccer games and frozen tag.  Love it.

Just having his first shoulder ride with Daddy and LOVING it.  Scott is usually the one up there while Owen is in the front pack.  This particular day Scott stayed across the street at the bookstore with Grandma and Gpa while Owen walked back with us so we could start getting ready for a wedding that night.
 And saturday night we went to a wedding.  I took no pictures.  It was beautiful.  Outdoors, at a vineyard, just beautiful.  We had a lot of fun.  Thanks to Grandma and Gpa for hanging with our boys so we could attend.

Scott and I went to a birthday party on Sunday (no pics again) while Owen stayed home and napped.  Scott got in the car and said "mom, this is fun going just the two of us."  Melt.My.Heart.  And it was a superhero themed party to boot.

Then we were off to a family bbq at cousin Rick's house.  The boys got in a few hours of swimming.  They are fearless, fearless I tell you.  Owen loved high fiving his cousin Brittney before deciding he wanted to stand on the raft.  Lovely.

You can't keep these two out of the water.  Owen is ready to dive in head first!

I know I already posted this picture but I just love this little cannonballer.
 We were pretty impressed with Scott's swimming on this day.  He was doing much better than we even knew he could do.  He is very confident and capable in the water and we couldn't ask for anything more at age 3.

We woke up on Monday feeling thankful for those that have served our country.  I opened up this melon for breakfast only to find a heart shaped middle (I know it looks like I could have scooped it out this way, but I didn't).  Silly I know, but sometimes random heart shaped things cause you to reflect for a moment.  I love finding them. 

We ushered in our last week of school with a stop a starbucks on our second to last day of school for the year.

On our way to my office later that afternoon we made a quick stop to drop off our almost over due library books.

Scott remembered the drop boxes and offered (insisted) to do it himself.  I helped him out of his carseat and he took over from there.

So grown up and so responsible.

Today we hit up Trader Joe's after our morning workout.  Owen came home like this:

And can I get an "OMG"??!!!  Gluten free joe-joe's.  Holy crap.

We were on lock down this afternoon while we waited for several maintenance guys.  Parker J came to play and the Richie girls stopped by which was a treat for all of us.  After they headed home the boys and I did a little backyard science.  Homemade slime anyone???

Owen wasn't super stoked on it.
  
Scott had fun though...


For the record we used the recipe of 1 cup of clear glue (we used purple glitter - we are fancy like that) with 1 cup of liquid starch (hard to find, we got it on amazon).  Not the best recipe, it was great while we played but pretty sticky.  Once Scott was done he got pretty ticked off when he couldn't get it off his hands (and body) easily.  Next time we will try a different recipe.  Mommy went with the easiest one I could find on pinterest, next maybe a few extra ingredients will make for a happier toddler and easier clean up.  Also slime does not come out of the grass easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers