Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day and other updates:

 About a week and a half ago you may have heard about some wild fires in our area.  They weren't super close to us but close enough that we got quite a bit of smoke and ash one afternoon.  I had the beginnings of what turned out to be the whole family getting the flu so it was Big Bird to the rescue that afternoon.

I stole some sweet kisses from Scott when he and I attended a birthday party at his preschool, just the two of us.

I have discovered that the littlest little loves one of my favorite snacks as much as I do.  Frozen peas.  Weird I know.  But try them and you might change your tune.  Delicious and healthy.

I received this Mother's Day gift from Scott.  It was a surprise and so wonderful.  Kid crafts are the absolute best.

I keep finding these two hiding out.  Scott is the ring leader and I hear him whispering, "stay back here Owen, be really quiet."  Its hilarious brother bonding.

Scott got some new threads for his big boy bed (which still sits on the floor).  He had been using his toddler sized bedding up until now and it just looked kinda sad with this big bed and tiny blanket.

This weekend Auntie Kelly and I attended a seminar together.  She came down Friday afternoon to hang out for a bit first so we all went for ice cream.  Then she and I headed down Saturday morning and Mimi brought Owen down mid day for some nursing and a big ol sleepover.  (Home fry CANNOT sleep without me, we try but so far its big fat fail, not even for a few hours at night, naps yes, night time not on your life)  So a big thanks to Mimi for giving up her weekend to hang out with Owen and us girls.
 Sunday morning (Mother's Day) We had 4 hours left of our seminar before heading home at lunch time.  Well just after we started class Brian texted me this picture:
The glass just broke.  He has no idea how.  He and Scott were both standing in the bathroom but luckily only minor injuries (Brian had a few cuts, only one which required a bandaid).  Best mother's day gift I could ever have gotten was that no one was hurt (remember Christmas?).  But now we have this loveliness to deal with this week.  Again, no one was hurt so I can handle that.   And Brian and Scott still managed to go to the farmer's market and pick me up some flowers after they got everything cleaned up.  They rock!

Happy mother's day to all the mamas out there!  Hope you had a great weekend with your babes!!!

1 comment:

  1. My kids LOVE frozen peas, that's the only way they will eat them actually. Sadly, I've never been a fan of peas. Also, the bathroom we grew up using at my folks house had a glass slider for the shower and one night it shattered out of nowhere...super weird. Really glad nobody was hurt and no arteries were hit with your incident, Happy (late) Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Followers