Friday, May 3, 2013

Daddy's back

Brian just got home from an almost two week trip to New Orleans and Charlotte.  We are so happy to have him back home and get back to our regularly scheduled programming (and just in time for the fires, which fortunately are not too near us but we have friends that have been evacuated, prayers for everyone effected).

His trip started in NOLA for the Zurich Classic (golf, incase you didn't know).  He has been there before but still had a great time staying in swanky hotels and eating ridiculous food (he texted me a picture of his oyster spread one night - the same night that I was eating cold noodles that the boys didn't finish - glamorous).  He also dodged some tornadoes his first day on the course (they actually evacuated the entire course and I didn't know about it all until he texted me about it after, sorry I wasn't checking up you honey).

Any Duck Dynasty fans out there?  Well Brian recently got hooked on this show on netflix (for the record I do not partake, don't get me wrong I have my own mindless entertainment that I'm addicted to (ahem, pinterest), but I told him once I seriously feel dumber just by listening to it in the background. 
Anyways, the first night or two Brian texts "I met the guys from Duck Dynasty."  followed by this photo:
 I could be in a room with entire cast and would never in a million years know it.

If you are not familiar, here is a little taste:
You'll never get that 15 seconds back.  Sorry.


From NOLA Brian headed straight to Charlotte for an event with their Nascar driver, Kasey Khane, and golfer Ricky Fowler.

Two more people I could be sitting across from I would never know it.  I would probably stupidly ask: "so what do you do?"

We are glad daddy had a fun trip but we sure are glad to have him home again.  This was the first trip that was especially hard on Scott.  Before now he never seemed to grasp the concept of how long daddy would be gone for, he would ask a few times but always be satisfied with an answer of "daddy's at work or on a trip" and he would sort of just carry on.  This time around he was super bummed out in the days leading up to Brian's departure and then every day he would say "I don't want my daddy to go on a trip."  We face timed with Brian a couple times which was nice, but most of the conversation revolved around Scott saying "I don't want you to be on a trip."  He was pretty sulky a good part of the time when the subject of daddy came up and towards the end of the trip the behavior issue went from normal arguments/acting out to pretty gnarly stuff.  I'm not complaining, he's three and its tough to miss your daddy at that age and not know how to express that. And I know our family has it easy, Brian is home more than he's away, he's home most nights for dinner, his trips take him to pretty places for fun events, always out of harms way.  We have many friends that have much more difficult "travel schedules" than we do and to those mamas: I have no idea how you do it, you are my hero.  I try to keep perspective when Brian is away.  We keep our daily routines as simple as possible when he is gone and accept all the help we can get.  My parents were down at our house many nights and we made our way up to their house for dinner more than a few times too, a few key play dates and before we knew it Brian was home.   So welcome home Daddy we can't wait to start the weekend with you!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm rolling after reading the duck dynasty part, "you heffer"...oh my! Glad Brian is home and Scott isn't so bummed about missing him though. Those sad/mad/confused moments are the worst.

    Sidenote: tomorrow is May 4th - 2 months until Independence Day in Garden Grove! Woohoo, can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Followers