Wednesday, August 28, 2013

3 & 1/2

 We celebrated Scott's half birthday yesterday, and by celebrated I mean we told him he was officially three and a half, to which he responded: "show me how to do that on my fingers."

Some days I can't believe he's already 3&1/2 and other I can't believe he's only 3&1/2.  He seems so grown up to me now.  Always has an question, or an argument or a new opinion that I find myself negotiating half my day away!  He is still proving to be incredibly kind and sensitive and the best big brother to Owen.  He is fiercely protective of his little brother and loves doing thing with him (melt.my.heart.).  The two of them are always playing together and sometimes I go in their room and catch Scott "reading" to Owen....and Owen sits there patiently listening (more than I can say for when Brian or I read to him). 
Scott's favorite things to do still include all things imagination.  He plays pirates, super heroes, dinosaurs, robots etc.  all day long.  He loves listening to stories and reading and has even started making up his own stories to tell us.  The most recent original is about the "Lava Giant", ask him, you won't be disappointed.  Of course he still loves to watch TV, which we try to keep to a minimum.  I think a big part of the TV thing is that he just loves the stories, lately he has been enjoying some old disney classics like "The Three Little Pigs" and "The Tortoise and the Hare" and old Mickey Mouse cartoons like "Mickey and the Beanstalk" and "The Prince and the Pauper" (these are all on netflix and range from 8 to 30 minutes).  I love that he enjoys some of these older, slower paced shows so much, its been a fun way to give him a taste of these classic stories, and a nice break from the Jake and the Neverland Pirate songs for me!
As you've been able to see from previous posts, Scott has really taken to helping in the kitchen lately which has been fun.  And that desire to help extends beyond the kitchen to anything we happen to be doing, especially if it involves Daddy and tools.  He has also been on a kick of opening and holding doors for people.  He is insistent, even when the door is really heavy, and he races ahead to be the one to do it.  It is sweet and a trait I hope he never forgets.  One of his favorite places to do it is when we leave cardio barre in the mornings, probably because all the women I workout with give him tons of attention for it! HAHA!

So, like I said, we didn't actually celebrate Scott's half birthday yesterday.  It was a crazy busy day (as Tuesdays tend to be for us) which had us shuffling in the afternoon to get everyone looked after while I worked.  Long story short, Mimi picked up Owen to hang out with Auntie, Parker J. and Ryder and Scott came to work with me.  Mimi and Owen left early, much to Scott's dismay, he was broken hearted that he couldn't go with them, but since they left early Scott and I had time for an ice cream date just the two of us.  We rarely hang out just the two of us so it was a special treat (well for me, Scott said he wanted to go with Mimi and also that he wanted Owen to be with us, when I asked if he was having fun he said "yes, but I would rather have my bruver here to have fun with us").  I let Scott put all the toppings he wanted on his ice cream and we sat by the fountain to eat before we headed to my office for the evening.  Then at my office he got to watch TV, so I'd say that was a pretty great half birthday!
Love you my baby munch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers