Thursday, April 7, 2011

30 by 30

Shout out to Leilani who commented on my twenty nine post and did a "30 things to do before I'm 30" list. You have inspired me so here goes mine:
1. Get to know my city: there are heaps of things to do in LA that I have never done, talked about doing, or haven't done in years - so this is on my to do list for the next year (and beyond!)
2. Go to Europe (this is on here because we have already booked our trip, I don't dream big enough to say go to Europe and just think its going to magically happen, haha!)
3. Start some traditions with close friends (broad I know, but you know who you are!)
4. Get crafty! I need more art in my life! A new craft every week (dreamin' big I know but if I say once a week maybe I will do it once a month!)
5. Find a church
6. Join a Bible study/women's group @ said church (or a church, doesn't necessarily have to be at ours)
7. Go camping (not that I've never done this before but its been a while, Scott needs to experience it and I would just like to again sometime this year...so it makes the list!)
8. Be more organized (if this years taxes were any indication I have a ton of work cut out for me, not to mention it would be great for my business, my husband and overall life would be simpler if I would take a little more time to organize)
9. Simplify (I need to get rid of a ton of crap, this will help with number 8 too!)
10. Recycle (we are not great about this and it would be wonderful to start reducing our carbon footprint!)
11. Take a cooking class (stole this one from L - such a good one)
12. Write. I need the practice. My colleague is a fantastic writer and she contributes so much to our profession through her writing in local publications. I'm inspired. I have a lot to share when it comes to health and wholistic parenting.
13. Eat raw/organic/vegan once per week. Yeah I know I've said it before. I'll do really great for a few weeks/months and then it gets hard and I quit. No more. From here on out. I have a vitamix now for crying out loud. No excuses.
14. Learn everything I can about photography. Like I said...more art in my life. Plus photography is my favorite art medium. Plus Brian just got me a totally SAWEEEEET camera. I really want to get good at this.
15. Talk to people more. Compliment them. Sometimes I get nervous to tell people (who I don't know all that well) how something they've done has inspired me. Get over it. People like to hear those things. Why oh why should I be nervous to say that?!?! I'll start with the guy at Cardio Barre who is a professional dancer and he's just plain beautiful to watch...who wouldn't want to be told that they are beautiful to watch?! (not in a stalker-ish way)
16. Find more ways to give back. We are so blessed. We need to find a place where we can volunteer our time. We need to find a charity that speaks to our hearts and contribute. A blog friend who is struggling financially said it beautifully: we may not have money to give right now in our lives but we can give our gifts. This is something I want Scott to learn.
17. Run a marathon. Or a half. This gets put on hold if I get pregnant : )
18. Go to a random concert. Something indie/folkie/coffee-shopish.
19. wow. this is getting hard. Re-read some classics from high school that I hated. Time to give them a second chance.
20. Get foreign language CDs for my car. Tried with French (for aforementioned European vacation, it required you to follow along in a work book which proved unsafe for driving (I didn't actually try it) so we returned it to the library) Ought to try French again before vacay, then Spanish and Italian. Great exposure for Scott.
21. Brainstorm ideas for a children's book. Under no circumstances am I under the illusion that I will actually write one by the time I'm 30 (or ever) but its on my 'bucket list' (thank you family question 2010) so at the very least I owe it to myself to get it down on paper (this may be double dipping from my earlier "write" listing. Its getting hard. Plus that was really intended for work related writing.)
22. Go backpacking overnight. I would love to say Whitney again but I've missed the lottery. Someday whitney again (mom and dad already said they are in for a mutli-dayer).
23. Go see an NFL game - just because I've never done it, plus Brian would be totally on board for this one. What a fun date day!!!
24. Try new fitness classes. I've fallen madly in love with cardio barre (and I won't give it up to try new ones) but I should broaden my fitness horizons, maybe I'll find something else new and fun.
25. Revamp some furniture. We have some good old pieces and I'm constantly browsing the blogs of people who do this. Jump on the band wagon.
26. Master an appetizer, salad, main course, and desert so I always have a go to dish to bring to any gathering.
27. Wear more COLOR. I wear a lot of black...and gray....and brown...and black.
28. Drink a little lemonade and not so many beers....haha just kidding....that's from Tim McGraw's My Next 30 years. Come on Charlotte 3 more....Do some scrapbooking (I'm reaching...I probably won't do this, but I should, at least Scott's first year, there are some great digital scrapbooking sites I've heard of...maybe I will look into these)
28.5 28 really might not happen so I'll give you this: Walk across the Golden Gate Bridge (this also means another trip to San Fran, mom? Dos? you in?)
29. Have at least one Pajama day with my boys....no getting dressed....no going anywhere....movies and take out food ALL DAY LONG!
30. Make an anonymous donation!

So there it is! It may change! We shall see! Thanks for inspiring me L! Can't wait to get started on our lists! For real: when is the fancy dinner party???

1 comment:

  1. Great list, Charlotte! I agree with the scrap booking too - sounds like fun (which it is) but a lot of work. Especially when there are so many digital ways to save pictures these days. I think another to add would be "make Scott a baby brother/sister" :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers