Monday, April 11, 2011

Growing up...

I know that I'm constantly saying how big Scott is getting, and posting pictures of him looking like he's headed off to college (not really but he definitely doesn't have a baby face anymore). But this takes the cake:
Tonight as I was putting Scott to bed we snuggled up in the rocking chair and read our books, after story time (he is so into books these days its really great...how do you say 'no' to one more book?), we cuddled for a few minutes, and usually Scott will rock to sleep (or almost sleep) this way and then I'll put him down, sometimes with a minute or so of tears sometimes not. Well tonight Scott pointed to his dog that he holds that was in his crib (or so I thought) so I gave him the dog and sat back down for more cuddle time. Scott pointed at his crib again!!! I asked him if he wanted to go in his crib, no response (shaking head 'no' means no....no response usually means yes...every once in a while he remembers to nod). So I put him in his crib, he cuddled his dog and went to sleep. No mommy needed!
ACK! He is so grown up! It is incredibly sweet that he just cuddles up by himself but I'm not done cuddling! I'm seriously still a little stunned!
WAY.TOO.FAST.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers