Saturday, April 2, 2011

Aquarium of the Pacific

Today we took Scott to the aquarium for the first time. What a cool place! I had never been either so I was extra excited to go. It was a little cooler out today so it was a perfect indoor activity (with a little bit of outdoor time too). Scott had a great time seeing all the fish and marine life and running around all over the place exploring.

"Hey fish, I got my eye on you!"


The extra thick glass plus the water and sometimes all that mixed with varying angles of sunlight made for a trippy experience...all of us went face first into the glass at least once.

Good thing you are allowed to touch the glass...

Sea otters....definitely a favorite!


Shark exhibit, you were allowed to touch but Scott would have gotten soaked if we had stuck his hand in deep enough so we just got up close and watched them.

Biggest sting ray I have ever seen.

Sharks in these waters...

Jellies : )


This was at the northern diving bird exhibit....Scott just said "DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK!" he was sooooo excited!
"Look at this nice fish grandpa!"


Count the Nemos.........

Uggo!

Scuba Steve was there too!

Uh...photo skills....I think so!

More scuba steve....what a cool job....and the lady speaking said that anyone who has their diving license can volunteer there and go in the tanks....how cool is that?! That's a reason to get certified right?!...."You mean...I could be in the scuba squad?!?!"

2 comments:

  1. Love the Big Daddy quotes, the "You mean, I could be in the Scuba Squad" one had me laughing out loud. Seriously! Fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun! We have passes there now....let us know next time you guys go :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers