Monday, September 16, 2013

18 months

As of yesterday we have an 18 month old in da house!  Full toddlerhood is upon us.  
 Owen is still the happiest kid around.  He goes with the flow on everything and is so adaptable (second kid for ya?!), not to say that Scott isn't adaptable but Owen is especially so. 

His favorite things are still playing with Scott at numero uno, playing outside, riding his trike, wrestling with Scott or daddy, oh and probably eating is up there too.  He is usually out the back door in the morning before anyone else is up (well besides me, I don't just let him go outside while I'm still sleeping).  He loves to have a good half hour to hour to play with all the riding toys out back unimpeded.  Whatever Scott is into Owen is into.  Lately playing "guys", cars, rescuebots and dress up are at the top of the list.  
 Owen is a great eater and there is not much he doesn't like.  He get particularly excited when its time for "drops and vitamins" before bed (the boys take liquid fish oil drops and take a probiotic), he bounces and screams with excitement.  He also loves dancing to music which is one of my all time favorite things ever on the planet.  So cute.  I have to get it on video.

Sleep is still not super stellar for this boy.  He usually wakes up between 2-2:30 and then I bring him in bed with us (because I'm too lazy to get him back down in his bed), I think moving him in with Scott has really helped him stay in bed as long as he does.  He still takes one nap a day, anywhere from 1 - 2.5 hours, and I'm definitely hoping that lasts a while longer.  He is still nursing once during the day, before bed and once during the night, I'm guessing that once he weans from night nursing that he will sleep through.  
One of his other favorite things to do is sit on the potty.  Especially if Scott has just gone potty or right before or after he gets in the bath.  He will sit on that thing for like 20 minutes, its hilarious, he's even peed on it once or twice (I mean if you sit there long enough something is bound to happen right?!).  I'm under no delusion that he is going to be potty trained by too, I think its great that he is showing an interest though, so my hope is that whenever he is ready to potty train he will do so as easily as his brother did.  No rush.
I wrote a whole other post about Owen's vocabulary lately which I will try to post soon.  Other than that we are just excited to be ringing in the fall season and loving these two boys to bits.  Happy half birthday mcgweetums - we love you with our whole hearts (and your brother too!)!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers