Thursday, September 5, 2013

Evening at Zuma

We celebrated the unofficial end of summer by hitting the beach late on Monday afternoon.  We also used it as a much needed escape from this heat, that is still raging I will have you know.  Dear summer, bow out!
Scott was excited to bust out his boogie board again, although he refuses to ride it on his belly, he just stands on it (pictured above) and waits for waves to come and lift him up this way.



Grandpa was still in town so he was able to join us.


 We went late enough in the day that we assumed everyone would be heading home.  Well they were, but it was still crazy crowded and parking was tough too.  We left to drive home around 6 and still sat in bumper to bumper traffic through the canyon.  Lucky mom got to sit between the boys in the back seat and answer unending questions about Optimus Prime, of whom I know less than nothing about.  Scott has recently been introduced to the Rescue Bots by his friend Gavin, so its non stop Rescue Bots talk and questions in our house right now.  And incase you don't know they are the same thing as Transformers.  Please don't ask why they aren't called transformers anymore.  I don't know.  I don't know anything about anything when it comes to boy toys these days it seems.  Helpful hints and cheat sheets welcome for all things superhero, transformers, sports rules....or anything else you feel is applicable, or might be in the future.

2 comments:

  1. The rescue bots thing is cracking me up. Charlie recently came home with a new found passion for Power Rangers...como?? Isn't that from the 90's? Are they still around? Apparently there's a lot more to them now, I have a lot to catch up on and its all thanks to his buddy, Max. Thanks, Max!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Power rangers??!! Can't believe those are still around/made a comeback. Cracks me up. Guess I should put it on my list of things to read up on. Today I called the transformer thats a firetruck "heat stroke" instead of "heat wave".....i think its the actual real california heat wave that made me do it. Scott could not have rolled his eyes harder.

    ReplyDelete

Followers