Monday, January 17, 2011

10 Month tantrums?!?!

Excuse me?! When did Scott start whining and throwing tantrums? I though this wasn't supposed to happen until like 2 years - terrible two's no?! In the past week or so Scott has gotten very whiny (a bit of it I contribute to his first cold) and it has carried on into this past weekend where he was very territorial and on Sunday night he through his first (of many I'm sure) full fledged tantrum! Parker was over to play and Scott didn't want him to touch any of his toys and didn't want him to sit in my lap and just cried and screamed for no reason! I have never seen him act like this - it was frustrating for everyone involved. Brian and I stood strong and didn't give in and just kept telling him that we share our toys and we don't behave like this, but what am I supposed to do, he is too young for time out right?! Actually we did do a time out the other day because he hit me (seriously, where did the sweet baby go?) but all that we did was go in the other room so I could hold his hands down and firmly explain that we don't hit! So I feel like these first few tantrums and limit testing is our chance to set a precedent for how we will discipline in the future! Wish us luck and bring on the advice for you how you handled the ornery toddler phases!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers