Saturday, January 29, 2011

Mommy & Scott Road Trip...

On Thursday Scott and I drove down to La Jolla to visit daddy while he was working the Farmers Insurance Open. Above picture is Friday when we arrived at the zoo...we waited about 30 minutes in the parking lot so Scott could finish up his snooze. Warning readers: I think I uploaded one thousand pictures just now...sit down, get comfy, maybe grab a snack or a beverage, its going to be a long haul...

On Friday morning Scott and I took a leisurely walk by the hotel then headed to the San Diego Zoo.
So first thing we came upon at the zoo were these two nice parrots. The were "talking" really loudly which captured Scott's attention.
Here is Scott looking for the meerkat...
There he is...
Next stop the monkeys/orangutans/gorillas...this guy came so close to us. He was right up at the glass and even used his hand to shade his eyes and peer through at the kids. I wanted to get a picture of Scott at the glass nose to nose with the orangutan but if I let go of him he would have hit the glass and there was a big sign right over us that said "please don't hit the glass" or something to that effect...so that would have been bad parenting had I let him do it just for the picture.
Baby Gorilla did a funny dance for us!
We spent a good 15 minutes with the gorilla statues...Scott couldn't get enough of his new "friends" whom he called "DOG" "ADOG"!!!
Can't see it too well in the photo below but his mouth is open wide in amazement!
"Do you see, this one has a snack!"

"Share your snack with him DOG!"

We caught many of the animals at feeding time which was fun because it meant they were active and Scott was very interested!

Rhinos
Yay, the pandas were out today!

Polar bear feeding time ("DOG"/"A DOG"!!!!)
I corrected Scott and said it was a bear, he would mimic that for a second ("BE-AAAH") then say "oh a dog". Hilarious!
Exploring the polar bear ice caves!

Reading all about polar bears ("DOGS")

Really liked this shiny "dog" (I tried with telling him bear a few times then just let it go!)

After the zoo we stopped at the beach. Scott took a nice long nap in the stroller while I cruised up and down the boardwalk! It was gorgeous weather! I even got a great view of the Farmer's air ship (IT IS NOT A BLIMP! ITS AN AIR SHIP PEOPLE!) so I had to get some pictures of that to show Brian how far their marketing reaches!!!
After the walk Scott was ready for a little beach playing!
Off to the water...later mom!

Love hanging at the beach with this little man!!!! (Wishing our big man could have joined us!)


Running to the water - for real running!!!
"Look at my cool rock mom!"

Kung Fu Scotty


Smart mommy brought a toy that I had saved from Christmas that Scott hadn't seen yet so we go that out once we were back at the hotel and Scott was entertained for hours!
Saturday we drove home and got to stop at the Johnson's house for some great visiting and great break from the car and play time for Scott (we stopped on the way down too).

Scott is looking at me like "mom, stop with the pictures, I'm playing with my friends, be cool!"


Parker was so nice to share his car with Scott!


It was so great to see the Johnson's!

Scott and I had a great time visiting daddy (even though we only saw him in the evenings for a short time) and we definitely jammed a lot of fun activities into two short days!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a great time at the zoo! The Kung Fu Scott picture made me laugh so hard my stomach hurt!

    ReplyDelete

Followers