Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Scott "Danger" Campbell

So clearly we made a mistake in naming our son's middle name - no offense Dad, we love that his middle name is after you. But we have a little daredevil on our hands and I can tell this is only the beginning. Let me first say that Scott currently has a black eye from diving into the ledge at cardio barre, a bruise above the same eye from running in the family room and tripping and landing head first on the tile and a fresh bruise from today from the table at cousin Parker's house. So he basically looks like he's been getting in school yard fights for the past week.
As we all know he is completely rambunctious and on the move 24/7 - but lately he has taken to more daring feats. At the playground recently he watched a little girl climb up the metal latter to the slide (instead of taking the stairs that Scott has already mastered) so he beelines for the latter after her and before I know it has both feet on the bottom rung, one hand on the second rung and one hand on the third rung. And he would have climbed to the top if I hadn't peeled him off at the point much to his dismay ("MOM! Stairs are for babies!").
Yesterday I was attempting to load or unload something from my car (I don't even remember now, how sad is that 24 hours ago and my memory is shot, mommy brain I suppose) so I let Scott stand in the driveway next to me (because 25lbs is a whole lotta baby to carry on your hip). His feet had barely hit the pavement and he was on his way to the street. I mean what?!?!?!!!! I don't remember ever, EVER going into the street. Never did I have the desire to explore it, play in it, cross it by myself, but Scott just couldn't get there fast enough! This cannot be normal behavior for a less than 11 month old right?!?!!!
His latest shenanigan, though, takes the cake: today at Parker's house Scott was playing with Parker's vtech trike/scooter thingy, already he can get on and off it by himself (I try to help - but that's followed by screams of protest) so I turn around to see him standing with both feet on the seat and hands on the handle bars! WHAT.ARE.YOU.DOING? Killing mommy, he is killing mommy! Clearly the kid lives for danger and is in constant search for the next big adventure - today tricycle tricks -tomorrow skydiving?
Can we all start praying now for his trips to ER for stitches, casts and the like?! It would be much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers