Friday, January 21, 2011

Park Quest 2011

It is my mission this year to try out new parks to find the best ones for Scott at this age (and every age). As I kid I remember going to lots of different parks, one in particular I remember was one with all kinds of cement tunnels and tubes and things to climb on and through. There was also one with a big giant red rope ladder structure and a clear plastic climbing structure - I think it was by a zoo - quite possibly the San Fransisco zoo - and sadly those structures are probably not there anymore because someone probably fell and broke an arm or something...I digress.....so I am on mission to find cool parks!

Hilary and I took the boys to one today that had tons of cool stuff. In the picture above check out the cool climbing wall. Parker J had a blast riding the turtle!

There was also a big dinosaur that you could climb up and slide out of our go underneath like a little cave...
Dino-cave fun!!!

And an ant hill....

With real ants.... (and other insects)

Scott knew the ant was eating something and I guarantee he was either thinking: 1)hey gimme a bite or 2)my mom says we do not put leaves in our mouths

Cool grasshopper (boys could not possibly care less about it)

The "ant hill" was a big hill covered in astro turf that you could climb all over and roll or slide down....apparently the thing to do is bring a cardboard box (most of the people who we saw do this had even decorated theirs to look like various cars - you go creative mamas!) and slide down in those. We didn't know this so we slid on our tushies!



Love this new park - we can't wait to go again!

1 comment:

Followers