Wednesday, January 16, 2013

10 months...

 Two months from yesterday this guy will be one.  Freakin me out!
What's he up to these days?  Well he is still the happiest kid you'll ever meet.  He is always smiling, and lately he has taken to really smiling at people and flirting.  He's a charmer.  Watch out girls!
Owen is super fast crawler, especially when playing chase aka "imgunnagetchew".  That's probably his favorite pass time.  He cracks up when you say it and turns and crawls away as fast as he can.  He also loves to wrestle with Scott.  The two of them have started getting rough, much to my dismay and constant background commentary of "watch out for your brother", "gentle", "get off of him".  Last night they were wrestling after bath while I was getting them into jams and Scott head butted Owen causing him to fall backwards onto his head - I gasped, Owen could not have laughed harder.  He loved it and came back for more.  Lord help me!
Owen is still not a walker but he can surely cruise all over the furniture and anywhere as long as he has a walking toy.
He has 5 teeth and I'm pretty sure he is working on a few more as we speak.  Happily for everyone involved, Owen doesn't seem to run high fevers with each tooth anymore (knock on wood).  His last tooth came through with nothing more than a sleepless night.  He is putting those pearly whites to good use by eating up a storm.  We are still mostly on purees but there is almost nothing he hasn't tried.  He seems to not care for butternut squash and he absolutely would not touch the blueberry and banana puree I made after the first time he tried it, first time love, ever since HATE! I have given him little bits of cucumber which he LOVES and little bits of banana which he hates (which makes me think just blueberry puree would be a hit).
Miscellaneous facts:  Owen LOVES to dance.  Loves!  He dances all day!  Beyond cute.  Anytime music comes on he rocks back and forth and smiles so big it looks like his cheeks are going to pop.  Also I think he signed "more" to me the other night at dinner.  He did the same motion on two occasions when it would have been appropriate.  But he hasn't done it since so maybe not. Does this make me that mom who thinks their kid is so advanced?  Probably.  Either way I think he rocks!  And we have also mastered the backpack wearing in the ergo carrier and he is loving the view.  It was kind of a necessity as he still comes with me when I work in Scott's classroom on Thursdays, this way Owen gets to watch everything and I get to have my hands even more free to help out.  Win win!

Love this little mr. mcweetums! Isn't he delicious?!!??!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers