Thursday, January 17, 2013

To the Zoo


We haven't been to the zoo in forever, so yesterday we finally coordinated with some friends to make a day trip to Santa Barbara.  I count this as Owen's first trip to the zoo because the last time he went I was still counting his age in weeks.
I got some great pictures of Owen "hatching" in the zoo park.  I think he had a blast.

This face says it all.

Owen playing with his bud Sebastian.  The big boys were going down the ant hill and never paused long enough for me to get a picture.  And whoops that I only had my phone to capture this day.

We've mastered the backpack wear.  Great way to see the zoo.  And what gorgeous day it was too!

We watched the giraffes on three different occasions and I think its safe to say they are Scott's favorite.  The lions live next door (the lions and giraffes can see each other actually, I think its kind of a tease for the lions to constantly be looking at edible animals, and I feel like it might keep the giraffes up night.) and at one point the lions started growling and roaring so we ran over to watch which also ended up being a highlight.

Hangin' with my boys.  Next time I will try for a smile.

Memorable moment:  During the lunch the big boys were done before the rest of us so they were running around in the trees nearby, when all of a sudden Elias calls out "mom, we found a bird" and comes running over with a dead bird in his hand.  UGH!  Scott told me he hadn't touched it, but I washed his hands like he had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers