Sunday, January 13, 2013

{gf} banana bread

I started using the recipe about 6 months ago and figured it was high time I posted it so that a) you all could enjoy it should you choose and b) so that I don't ever lose it.

1 jar (16oz) raw almond butter (I use Trader Joe's)
4 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
~ 1/4 c. of  honey (or agave but I'm not a fan); also I have never measured this I just guestimate

* blend those ingredients together then add mix ins

My favorite mix ins (which in my mind make it banana bread, without bananas its really not banana bread, so I guess up til now its just a great basic muffin mix)

2 bananas sliced up
walnuts
dark chocolate pieces 

I never measure these either.

Bake in either muffin tins (~20 mins) or mini bread pans (~25mins) @ 350

They are insanely good and addicting!  My favorite part is not only are they gluten free but completely grain free (which is something I'm experimenting with right now out of necessity).

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers