Monday, January 21, 2013

Beach Magic

 I was in a bit of a funk today.  When Owen woke up from his nap (early) I asked Scott if he wanted to go to the park and he said no.  Huh?  Then I saw a friend posted a picture of their family at the beach on instagram and I thought why not.  And Scott was totally on board.  So off we went.

It was just what we needed.  The boys played happily in the sand for hours.



This guy was in heaven.  Warm sun.  Lots of toys.  Lots of sand.  And his brother.

I took the boys to the beach by my parents house and we parked in front of the house they rented nearly a year and half ago now.  The one where Scott and I spent about 3 weeks while I was pregnant with Owen during Brian's kitchen remodel.   I have many pictures from that October at this very spot with Scott looking much much younger.  Sweet and sad, its going by way too fast.

Owen: double fistin'.

I used the sand claws to draw out roads for Scott to drive his trucks over.


These two! Too cute!  I can't even deal.




Scott is such a good brother.  Always trying to help Owen.


 Acting crazy!



We ventured down to play in the waves towards the end of our day.  Owen had a pretty intense look on his face the whole time but I think he had fun, even when I dipped his pigs in the water.  I let him sit in the wet sand and when he would crawl toward the water or a wave would come Scott would come comfort him and say "its Ok Owen, I'm here, I'll protect you."  Then he tells me "its my job to protect my bruver".  I seriously die over their cuteness.
I put my camera up before we got too wet (smart mommy because we all got soaked) so I don't have any picture from the water play, but it was hilarious and so much fun.  Scott had the time of his life and was soaked from head to toe when we left.  All I had brought was jams for him to wear after we took a bath (we were going to mimi and papa's after) so we stripped naked and he rode to their house in dry chonies.
We left feeling refreshed and happy.  The beach definitely worked its magic on us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers