Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A date with Auntie Kel


Friday the boys and I drove up to have lunch and hang out with Auntie Kel.  If you don't know Auntie Kel (I'm sad for you!) she is my best friend from chiropractic school and a soul sister!  She and I spent 8-12 hours a day together 5-7 days per week for 4 years.  Now our visits are fewer and further between, which is so hard, but we make it happen when we can and it always comes as a much needed girl time!  Kelly is a fabulous Auntie to my boys and they just love her to bits!!!

We picked up Auntie Kel at her office (we got to go in and see the place, mighty spiffy!) and I adjusted her quickly before we headed to lunch.

I wasn't scared one bit to have lunch in a restaurant (for the first time ever with both boys, Owen's first time eating at a restaurant and he's over a year...oops!) because of course Kelly worked her magic and kept the boys thoroughly entertained.  And the crayons we had gotten at Katelyn's birthday party helped too because we had a paper tablecloth (ok, so it wasn't the fanciest restaurant in the world, it still counts!).


Then we played at a nearby playground before stopping for treats.

 Scott had a pretzel dipped in carmel, chocolate and m&ms.  He was stoked.  Can you tell?  And I had the world's biggest frozen banana - omg it was amazing, I wish I had a picture.

Then we went back to Auntie Kel's and built forts and played with her three dachshunds, Bella, Penny and Luc (all of whom Scott called Bella).

We left after bedtime, but I was prepared with PJs.  Scott was asleep before we got on the freeway.  And help his "King stick" from Uncle Jason the whole way home.
And I don't even have a single picture of the boys with their Auntie Kel.  I'm the worst.  Next time, I promise.  Thanks for a great day Auntie Kel, we love you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers