Thursday, April 4, 2013

Thursdays...


Thursdays are my Mondays.  I dread them.  Ok maybe that's overstating, but I definitely don't always look forward to them.  Its almost the end of the week but not quite.  Its the day I work in Scott's preschool (which, don't get me wrong, I love doing, but its a lot of work) we come home eat lunch and Owen naps, then before I know it I'm getting ready and heading to work.  Once I'm at work, I thoroughly enjoy myself, let's face it, I don't work very many hours per week and I love what I do and it gives me some great "grown up" time, but getting motivated to get ready and head out to start work at 4pm takes a serious amount of gumption some days.  Thursdays are my coffee days.  I don't drink coffee that often and I try not to drink it two days in a row, but I always drink it on Thursdays.  Its my little reward (ok bribe!) for facing another Thursday.
So today started out the same, getting everyone ready and getting out the door and don't forget: coffee.
School was great (it always is) and see previous post for Scott's dress up awesomeness!  We came home and Owen had a wonderful long nap (can I get an AMEN!!!!).  And Scott and I headed out back to enjoy the gorgeous afternoon.

A lesson in problem solving.  Scott didn't want Charlie to beg for his popsicle, so he came up with this little arrangement:

Then he asked to sit in my lap.  Y-E-S!

Then we painted.  Real artists do it nekkid!!!


And we got out the water table (to wash off the paint, duh!) And Owen woke up just in time to get in on the fun!

Scott asked to do yoga poses with me (I try to sneak some in when we are playing out back, love me some outdoor warrior poses!!!)

Trucks...

And MUD!

By the time Brian got home (early) from work both boys were a giant muddy mess.  It was glorious.  Although I hated to leave my three favorite people I knew my three dudes were going to have a fun night together.  And I ended the day with a great night at my office.  I was filled with gratitude as I was driving home.  Sometimes our life is hectic, sometimes its simple, its never dull and its always fun and I couldn't ask for anything more.  Thursdays aren't always so bad I guess.
Wishing you a happy weekend friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers