Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Zoo day

Mimi and Papa called this morning and invited us on an impromptu trip to the LA zoo.  We got our booties in gear and were out the door early (and mommy didn't even have to have coffee to get this accomplished!).

I didn't take a ton of pictures, and I only had my phone, yet again, its becoming a theme, I really must get better.

We visited the goats which Scott of course loved.  He is absolutely still my little animal lover.  He just cuddled this one like it was Charlie.  So sweet.

This was Owen's first petting zoo experience.  He was really into feeding them.  And climbing into their buckets.


And the big boys even got to brush them.  The whole brush in the direction of their fur concept was lost on them though, sorry goats.

I think this was snakes.  Scott's stance is hilarious to me.

Mimi and Papa treated us to a ride on the carousel.  Parker John on the giraffe.

Scott on the gorilla.

And for Owen's first carousel ride (I think. How horrible is that.) he got a warthog.  Poor baby brother got the shaft on that one.  I tried for a cute picture for him after the ride on a better looking animal but he was not having it.  Oh well, warthog it is.

We saw all the animals we could squeeze in, ate a picnic, played at the playground then headed home.   Of course my sweetly snoozing children both woke up as soon as we pulled in the driveway so we opted for a few episodes of "Super Why" to get these tired boys through the afternoon.  Is there anything sweeter than a boy and his dog?

Then the boys and I ate an early dinner before daddy got home (sorry babe, couldn't wait.)  Owen has perfected the eating like a dog with no hands maneuver.  And sadly I think he learned this trick from his brother, not his dog.
Dinner happened early because Scott has been hungry ALL DAY and eating me out of house and home.  You know though since this boy generally has no appetite I will take it when I can get it and have been loading him up on all the good stuff!!!

Thanks for the fun zoo day Mimi and Papa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers