Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Words with Owen

 I recently read through old posts from when Scott was Owen's age.  Some of my favorites were reading the words Scott was learning at each age, how they sounded and how much his vocabulary has evolved since.  I still remember when he called popsicle "pockider" and oatmeal "Ay-mouck" or yogurt "oug-ouck". 
So this post is simply for me to be able to look back and remember what Owen's first words were and what they sounded like.
"Dada" - used appropriately for Brian on a fairly regular basis
"Papa" - repeated when talking about going to Mimi and Papa's house
"Dah" (Dog) - used for Charlie and other random dogs he sees
"Bah" (Ball or Bath) - used in context.
"Mamamamamama" - debatable if he is really saying Mama or not, sometimes I feel like its used for me, sometimes its just a go to noise.
"Dot" (Scott) - doesn't use this one a lot but when he does he is always calling Scott or looking for him
"RAWR" - as witnessed below, the kid can make growling noises as good as any animal or dinosaur.  I guess that's what comes from being exposed to a growling older brother for your entire life!
And as of 48 hours ago Owen went from crawling more than walking to about 50/50 or possibly even more walking.  He can walk all over and even when he falls down he gets back up to walk some more. Watch out world!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers