Thursday, April 25, 2013

Prom 2028

Mimi has been taking the big boys on "dates" recently.  Just some special one on one time with Mimi, and the boys have really enjoyed it.  Scott has also recently started to understand the concept of money a little bit (mostly in the "its fun to put pennies into the piggy bank" sense).  We have started giving Scott all of our loose change for his piggy bank (which he calls "penny bank") so when that started happening I figured I would start introducing the concept of saving.  When I asked him what he would like to use his "pennies" on he was a little stumped.  So I made some suggestions:  a new matchbox car at target, go out for ice cream, a new coloring book etc.  When I said "go out for ice cream" I hit a winner.  Then, totally unprompted by me, Scott said he would like to take his Mimi on a date for ice cream.  I almost died of cuteness.   So of course I said we should call Mimi and tell her that (so she could join me in dying of cuteness).  And he has been saving ever since.  The other day when putting a few more coins in the pig Scott said, "I just know I have enough to take Mimi to ice cream."  Cuteness overload. (And at that point even if he had only had 25 cents and he thought he had enough for a new bike I would have made sure that he did.)  With the help of a "BOGO" coupon for menchies (our local fave) Scott was able to take his Mimi out for an ice cream date last night.  And no ice cream date would be complete without a stop at the bookstore too.

Scott and Mimi counting and sorting the dough.

Mimi sent me this picture from their ice cream date.  She said he was the perfect gentleman.  Scott paid for the ice cream with all his change from his ziploc baggie (the employee must have loved that, but probably the cuteness of the situation made up for it) and he even had money to spare (to be put back into the pig for next time of course, sidenote: the boys favorite phrase: "we should do this again sometime.")
After ice cream, a potty stop, the book store, snail watching and tending to the needs of a lost puppy, Scott rolled in 15 minutes after bedtime (we aren't super strict about bedtime in these parts, can you tell).  I can't help but fast forward in my mind to dates in the future.  Before I know it he will be going off to prom (tears!).  Brian you should be ready with a big bottle of wine and some tissues when that night rolls around.  For now I'm happy with these dates, its just all too cute.   Scott and Owen: please don't grow up too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers