Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sunday Funday

We had a great "fun in the sun" weekend.  Mommy got to workout on Saturday and Sunday, I hadn't all week because the boys had had colds, so a big shout out to daddy for letting me go these last two mornings.  Its my sanity.  Saturday we went to the pool for some swim practice.  Brian and Scott have been going every weekend for the past few weeks but this was the first chance Owen and I had to join them.  I got to see Scott in all his swimming glory, the kid LOVES the pool.  I wasn't sure how things were going to go down with Owen.  He hasn't been in a pool since last summer, so I figured we would get in for a few minutes, splash around, maybe dunk his head and be done.  Wrong.  Owen loves the water just as much as his brother and was ready to "swim" back and forth to mommy and daddy after being in the pool for a couple of minutes.  I let him stay in until he was fully shivering then he and I got dressed and it was all I could do to keep him out of the water for the last half hour we were there and Scott was in.  I don't know how I'm going to keep him out when Scott does some swim lessons this summer, a "mommy and me" swim class might be on our agenda during that time.   Speaking of swim lessons, I asked one of the parks and rec directors if she thought Scott was signed up for the appropriate class, she thought not.  Based on his age I signed him up for the highest class I could, well it turns out that class it doing "choo choo" along the side of the pool and blowing bubbles.  Yeah, we are past that. So now we are wait listed for the next level class.  Fingers crossed, if not, well I'm fairly confident that Scott is progressing just fine under the careful instruction of his daddy.  And of course I don't have a single picture to document all of the pool fun yesterday, you'll just have to take my word for it.


Today included some playing in the sprinklers, lots of naked time, an early dinner followed by an impromptu trip to the beach.

Incase you haven't seen enough pictures of my family at the beach, here are some more: 


Sweet father and son moments


Owen coming to get in on the sand castle building



Please tell me how they are this big already????!!!!!


This picture was coerced.  I'm no ashamed of that.  I'm sure this is just the beginning of me pleading and bribing my kids to smile for a picture with me.

The boys loved playing in the waves.  And Scott loved helping Owen and holding his hand.  They really are the sweetest brothers.
We stayed until Owen was starting to fade and it was getting chilly out.  Would have loved to make it until sunset, but that is after bedtime so maybe another time.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers