Thursday, April 25, 2013

Swordsmanship


Sword fighting is big in our house.  BIG.  Owen already knows how, we have four actual {foam} swords along with other items deemed "swords" by Scott (spatulas, magnifying glasses, drum sticks, actual sticks, etc.).  The other morning Scott brought a sword for both himself and Owen in the car for the drive to preschool - commence carseat sword fighting (witnessed above).  I convinced Scott it was not a good idea to bring the swords to class (you are welcome Ms. Dana!!!!).  The rules of sword fighting are 1) you do not sword fight someone (or "sword them" as Scott calls it) if that person does not have a sword 2) you must ask other person if they want to sword fight if they are holding a sword, you do not just jump right it and "sword them" out of nowhere. 3) swords must only his swords, not faces or other body parts.
 Early morning pajama sword fights...

Getting ready for preschool, mickey ears, spider man chonies and spatula "sword"...the makings of a really great dance party.
Which leads me to some of the funny things I find myself saying lately:

"Scott mommy has a hard time sword fighting while nursing your brother."  "No, that doesn't mean Owen should sword fight while he is nursing, please wait."

"I don't think its a good idea for you to play your harmonica while you have lollipop juice in your mouth, then your harmonica won't work as well."  (first of all: "lollipop juice" gross but if you have toddler you know what that is.  Second of all harmonica: worst gift in the history of the world! Thanks a heap auntie!  I mean don't get me wrong Scott loves it but I want to run it over with my car!)

Scott: "Can I have strawberries on my yogurt?"  Me: "Of course, do you want anything else?"  Scott: "jellybeans?"  me:  "jelly beans are not for breakfast."   On another occasion "No honey, pirate booty is not for breakfast."

On another occasion when I was arguing Scott about getting dressed Scott: "Does batman wear chonies?"  Me: "Yes, batman wears chonies so I think you should too."

Just a few of things I never imagined coming out of my mouth.


And just for fun, a daily dose of cuteness:

1 comment:

  1. Great post! We NEED more foam swords in our house, as of right now we have 1.5 "swords". One of which is foam, and the other is a tall cardboard rocket that is a solid stand in as a sword.

    ReplyDelete

Followers