Thursday, November 15, 2012

8 months

 8 months old today!  
I can't help but think of how close we are getting to turning one.  Crazytown!
Owen is such a fun little guy with so much personality!

What is he up to these days?  What is he NOT up to?!!  He is all over the place and loving every minute.  He can crawl at light speed and hates to be held (unless he is tired/cranky), he would much rather be down on the ground in the action, exploring and playing!  He can pull up to standing on furniture (old news) and walk along it pretty slowly for now (thank goodness, I'm not ready for a walker just yet).  He loves to play, whether in the playroom with all the toys (and his brother of course!) or the backyard or the park.  His favorite toys are: whatever his brother is playing with (much to Scott's dismay) and he loves to take things out of boxes over and over.  At the park he likes to play in the sand box for hours and the swings of course.
 I noticed tooth number two today (tooth number one popped through just before Halloween, I don't think I posted about it, pretty sure Scott got a new post for each new tooth, sorry O)  Owen has been eating baby food for about 2 weeks now and really enjoying it.  We have done zucchini, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, pears and bananas.  So far he has liked them all.  Today I made a massive batch of food for him (the freezer was getting low) and I made cinnamon pears which he seemed to like a lot (I mixed cinnamon pears and sweet potato for lunch today)
Owen's favorite person: a tie between Scott and Daddy.  And I know he still loves me so I'm not feeling sorry for myself or anything, I'm still his go to at melt down time.  Owen thinks Scott is the most hilarious person around and loves spending time with him.  When Scott gives Owen attention Owen just eats it up.  He laughs and laughs and tries so hard to keep up.  Believe it or not the boys are already wrestling.  Owen jumps on Scott, Scott buries his head in Owen's tummy and on and on, and everyone just laughs and laughs.  Oh and Scott gives Owen zerberts which is Owen's number one laugh getter!  Then there is daddy.  If daddy is in the room, that is who Owen wants to be with.  He leans for him and hollers until daddy takes him.  He smiles so big when Brian gets home from work (or just walks in a room), its very sweet.  And Owen loves to watch Scott and Brian play and wrestle and I can tell he is dying to get in on it.  I just love all my boys, I'm such a lucky mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers