Friday, November 16, 2012

Top Chef & Homeopathy

So yesterday I was Rockstar mom!  Not really, but we had a great day.  No potty accidents, no tantrums (or maybe a few mild ones, but when they are not major I forget them so quick), good naps from Owen.  I even made chili and a giant batch of baby food.  But what I'm most thankful for is my cooking skills from yesterday.  Scott has had a horrible appetite lately, which has been so frustrating.  And between Brian's work schedule and Owen's evening fussiness dinners haven't been awesome in the Campbell household.  But yesterday everyone ate everything I made!  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  Talk about making a mommy feel awesome, I worked hard in the kitchen and it paid off.  Scott had spaghetti for lunch ("skedidee" per his request)  and I mixed pureed veggies from Owen's baby food in with the sauce and Scott LOVED it.  Then Owen ate his sweet potatoes and cinnamon pears like crazy.  Then Brian got home and had the chili and cornbread and said it was my best batch ever (totally unprompted!!!) and I even had concocted my own chili seasoning.  So maybe I kind of got a big head from the experience, but mostly I'm just thankful that everyone liked it all and ended the day with full bellies!!!

Now for today.  I have had a nasty rash/infection/bite on my leg for the last two weeks.  I finally got in with our dermatologist today and she reassured me it was/is an allergic reaction to most likely a plant.  We determined it is probably oleander since that is the only plant I would have been exposed to that could cause such a reaction, and as luck would have it, we have a whole wall of it in our back yard.  So, although my leg isn't quite cleared up, I'm thankful it is not an infection and that all the homeopathic remedies I have been using have helped so much and I've avoided any meds (all of which my GP prescribed were not safe for nursing or "probably" safe for nursing, probably doesn't cut if for me).  Manuka honey and turmeric, amongst others, have done the trick so far. YAY for homeopathy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers